Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Sizzling Way to Warm up My New Studio

This is the poem that my sister wrote for the invites:
My jewelry studio is finally here
So come on over for its grand premier
Its artsy, its funky, its in my garage
And now all I need is an entourage
You can come, you can go, you can stay until 2
Just remember when you need jewelry, I'm the gal for you
Funny thing is... some really did stay until TWO!! The last few friends left at 2:45am!! We all had such a blast. I am blessed with wonderful friends.
Everyone was welcomed with this sign displayed by the front door.
We set the studio up to look somewhat like a "museum" feel. Each countertop displayed tools, pictures, and jewelry pieces- each with their own caption...
Lots of family and friends showed up to show their love and support. You all are so dear to me. Thank you for LOVING me!! Here are just a few pics...
Me and my twin sister had so much fun. Thanks for coming Tiffy!! The funny thing was, believe it or not, we were wearing the same outfit and we didn't even plan it!! Thanks mom for giving each of us such a cute scarf for Christmas... Apparently we both love it!
Then came the "fun" part. I had markers out and asked each person to write something on the floor. My floor will be "open" for a few more weeks to those of you who would like to leave your mark. Later, I will paint the floor with a clear coat so that I can always look down and be reminded of all the love and support around me.

A BIG Thanks to all of you for coming. It warmed my heart for sure!! And to all those who were not able to make it, please come by and leave your mark!!!

1 comment: