Sunday, January 3, 2010

Its Day SEVEN and I'm in HEAVEN!!!!

Man oh Man do I have a STUDIO!!!!!!!!!!!
7am we got up and started working... I started sanding, PawPaw was building tables, MiMi ran to Lowes and Ikea for some stuff, and Lolly and Pops (my amazing in-laws) not only took care of Bradyn but also went grocery shopping and cooked us some meals!

I made my dad take a break from building my jeweler's bench so that he could hang my sign :)
Then back to building... PawPaw built the frames for the table, then made me sit on top and made Pops hold in place so he could drill in some holes... and then of course, little tiny tot got to help PawPaw put in the screws
Then for the jeweler's bench we bought a kitchen countertop from Ikea- made with solid Beech wood. Because it was so wide, dad "ripped" it (cut in lengthwise) so that we had a longer tabletop to work with. Great idea from Mimi!!

AND DRUM ROLLLLLLLLLLLL PLEASE!!!!!! HERE IS MY "NAKED" STUDIO!!! In the next few months I will add shelves, drawers, more lighting, mirrors, picture frames, and other decor.


This is my jeweler's bench where I fabricate... It will eventually be sectioned off into a soldering station and packaging area as well

This is my "beading" area as well as where I will sketch out my designs
This is my polishing station- complete with a "flashing" backsplash and a partition to section off this station from my beading area
And of course my sink area... Yipppeeee!! The countertop will have a few pieces of equipment: My ultrasonic cleaner, tumbler, and pickle pot (not for eating though-LOL).
A HUGE thanks to Mimi and PawPaw for taking a week of your vacation time to make me a little piece of Heaven. Xoxoxo

And here I sit writing my blog in the kitchen while my sweet Mom is painting the door that my dad built.
I will post more pictures tomorrow so that you can see the finished look of the door. Night Night folks and thanks for being my blog readers throughout this past week. I sure have enjoyed documenting this journey.

2 comments:

Sacheen said...

Wow, you're one lucky girl! How sweet of your family to jump in and help with such vigor. Wishing you ultimate success and wonderful art adventures in your new studio!

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh!! I love love LOVE it!! I really DO need to get out to see you so that I can see it in person! I can't wait to see what goodies come out of it!!