Saturday, January 2, 2010

It is Day 6- But still more to Fix

The day started with a little more sanding - it's SERIOUS business!!
Then came time for some paint... Ok, not just some... LOTS and LOTS!!! I think we opened 6 gallons of primer and paint!! Yikers!!
Mimi sure can paint well! How do you like the lime and silver motif?
Next, was time for PawPaw to build the countertop for the sink. YES... I said sink!! Yippeeee. No more running in and out of the house to wash off my jewelry projects!
Cutting the backsplash that is actually FLASHING which is typically used on the roof or around windows or chimneys.... Then installed the sink... And YAY for running water! PawPaw is pretty proud!
Celebrating with some home-made ice cream that I make with maple syrup! Yum-Bob!
Got A LOT more work to do tomorrow!! Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! It is so interesting to read and look at the pictures of the process that I was sad that today's post is not up yet! I am impressed that you are a part of the whole process--not surprised, of course, but impressed--and I have no doubt that you will be able to build your next house! :) All that lime is making us hungry for pie or thirsty for a margarita!!
Please tell Paw Paw we are sorry he has a boo boo--not surprised, but sorry--and hope that will be the only one for the week.
Stephatryingtostaycozy