Friday, January 7, 2011

"It Was Worth The Wait"

My dad is pretty much a "superman" in my eyes. He's a smart, funny, caring, intelligent man who has many talents... ESPECIALLY when it comes to carpentry. Last year, he gave me the best gift when he built a jewelry studio for me. It was absolute perfection... Perfection that unfortunately had to wait.

But finally, after an extremely difficult pregnancy, my baby is here, my health is restored, and the the wait is over!! I started back in my studio on January 1st. My very first goal was to design and hand fabricate my dad a ring. A couple of years ago, my dad had casually said he wanted me to make him a ring. He didn't have a design in mind but he knew he wanted the sign of the fish on it. I decided to secretly go ahead and make the ring to give to him as a surprise "thank you for building my studio" gift. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to give it to him in person and his reaction was priceless ~ disbelief, huge smiles, a small tear or two and him saying "It was worth the wait... It was worth the wait."

The ring is sterling silver and the Ichthus is 18K gold. The outside ring is textured and oxidized and the inside ring has a high polish. Enjoy the pictures:



So "Thank You" dad for building my studio...
IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT for me too!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Gorgeous!! I still want a mom's ring too just not sure what I want. This is amazing and very artistic. I've only met your dad a couple times but it looks like him!

Alanna&Brett said...

Aww kinda made me tear..:/ so special!!

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, what a precious story. Beautiful design!