Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Business Side of Things

You know I have a HUGE passion for jewelry making. I find myself designing pieces in my head when I'm in bed at night or cooking dinner or driving to the grocery store. It just comes naturally to me!

But having a jewelry business isn't just about making the jewelry. You've gotta make the "business" too. Marketing, advertising, bookkeeping, inventory, and a handful of other aspects go into the business side of things. And making the Business is exactly what I am doing!

One of my New Year's Resolutions was not only to get back in business but also go full steam! Since my blog post on the first of this year I have:
* Set up a business facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/alanasbling)
* Written a few more blogs
* Designed a collection
* Made and sold jewelry
* And I am currently working on my new ETSY page.

I read a lot about Etsy before I decided to join. Etsy ryhmes with Betsy, according to their website, and is a place for artisans and crafters alike to showcase and sell their handmade items. After a few quick searches, I was amazed by the array of items available... everything from baby clothes, stationary, furniture, purses, and of course JeWeLrY!! I am excited for my customers to shop for ALANA'S BLING online therefore I am giving it a shot!!

Sooooo, back to my studio I go to get after some more designs. I look forward to adding more beautiful pieces to my ETSY store very soon!! Until next time...











2 comments:

Susu said...

Alana. I think it is a great idea to post on Etsy. The girls got me hooked on that site, and I think it will be a great asset. Hope you are enjoying flexing your creative juices again:) Any progress on the CC necklace??

Catherine said...

Yay!!!! So excited about this!!!!!