Saturday, January 29, 2011


Does My Husband Get a Portion of the Profit
My hubby is always encouraging and motivating me in my jewelry business. I love when he visits me in my studio and talks to me about what I am working on. Today, he came in for a visit and drew a sketch while he was there. His design fit right in with the collection I have been working on so I decided to bring it to life.

My first step was to saw different sized tubes...

Once I had collected lots of tubes I started setting them out until I liked the layout. Next was soldering the tubes together. At this point, I decided to add some 18k gold as well.After I finished soldering, I moved onto making the ear posts. In the picture below, I am drilling into this piece of 18k gold so that I can solder an ear post into the hole. I attached the ear post to the earring and then it was time to polish.What beautiful earrings! Thanks honey for your sketch!! I guess I'll pay you later :)

2 comments:

Steffanie said...

I love these Alana! Great work! Way to go D for your great sketch!

Natalie said...

Oh my god I LOVE these. They are my fav by far for sure. Amazing. I LOVE the filled in circles, they take it over the top.