Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bezel Wire Earrings

I was commissioned to design some Sterling Silver earrings which I ended up loving so much that I secretly want to steal them!! :)
First I sketched out several options and this is the sketch that I liked the most:
Then I had to decide what materials to use in order to simulate the look of the sketch. Bezel wire is flat and flexible and is usually used to wrap around stones and hold them in place once the wire is soldered to a base. But here I decided it was the perfect material to use for these earrings because of its thin walls and flexibility. I created several different sized loops and soldered all of them individually. Then came the really fun part... I manipulated the shape of each one and played around with them to get the final layout.
Once I had the overall layout, I soldered all the pieces together and VoilĂ !! ....still wishing they were mine to keep!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Alana, those are gorgeous! How much for another pair?

Alana said...

Hi Jennifer,
When I click on your name it says your profile is private so Im not sure which Jennifer this is :)

But just so you know, I never duplicate any of my designs. Each piece is one-of-a-kind. I can however make another pair that looks similar and that is uniquely yours.

Please message me on Facebook so we can discuss your design.
http://www.facebook.com/alanasbling

BIG DADDY said...

Dot-Dot says you had better keep your "bezel designer" brains working and to add her name to the list of people who would like to have a pair!!!
Glad you are BACK IN THE STUDIO!!!