Thursday, December 31, 2009

DAY 4 - we ALMOST hung the door

Well folks, the day started really good. We finished almost all the sheetrocking, lots more of the electrical stuff, and started working on the door.
Paw-Paw taught me a lot today:
First, I learned how to mud and tape the walls...
In case you are interested... the first thing to do is to put some mud on the seam, then you measure out and cut the tape, then the SECRET is to dip the tape in some water before applying it to the "mudded" seam, and finally you gotta go over the seam to make sure that all the air bubbles are out!
Then I leaned how to be an electrician- Good news is - I never got shocked!!
Dad taught me how to wire up outlets. Just in case any of you want to know: The White Wires go into the Silver Screw Side, the Black Wires go into the Copper Screw Side, and the Ground Wires (copper in color) twist around the Green Screw. I also learned how to piggyback one outlet to the next... But maybe I should start charging you for all this info I am giving out!! LOL
Remember how I said the day started good?? Welllllllllllllll, The sheetrock was up and we were starting to work on getting the door up. Paw-Paw and Dustin were working on all the measurements and decided that the door needed a little trimming... That's when the day went from good to scary!! Dad was trimming the door down and all the sudden I hear my hubby yelling "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY" and in runs my dad holding his bloody hand! Below is just a FEW pics of the "trail"
Somehow, Paw-Paw cut into his middle finger while trimming down the door with one of his machines. It took FOUR butterflies and one large band aid to make the bleeding stop. We cut off the circulation as best we could and made him hold his hand above his heart...

But then he decided that he should go to the ER just in case. Turns out he didn't need stitches but they did have to clean it out real well and bandaged him up real well!!

Poor Paw-Paw... But you know what?? Its about time he made a trip to the ER... He always does when working on a project!! LOL- But tomorrow is a new day and a new year!! Sooooooo HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Richard

Who drove you to the ER?

Catherine said...

YIKES!!! I'm glad he was okay . . . who would have finished the studio?? :)