Thursday, December 10, 2009

Its Business Time!!

For one reason AND another I have taken quite the sabbatical from my jewelry biz. I dream BIG most of the time but struggle with turning those dreams into reality. I dream of displaying my jewelry in high end boutiques and I dream that one day my business can support my family. And I WISH BIG too! For instance, I WISH I had a"real" studio, and I WISH I had all the equipment and tools from the Rio Grande catalogue, and I WISH I was PERFECT when making each piece of jewelry.

But you know what I have been thinking lately?? I have been thinking that being patient and working with what I got ain't that bad. So here is my NEW list. My BIG THANKS list. I am thankful for my tools, the skills I learned at the Revere Academy, the friends I have made along the way, my "fans", my jewelry closet, the joy I get when I am creating, I am thankful to the Lord for giving me this gift, and I am thankful for my friends and family who have encouraged me to get back to business.
So thank you Dustin for being my amazing man!! I deeply appreciate and love that you believe in me. Thank you for offering me time to do my work, thank you for all your pep talks when I get down on myself, and thank you for always supporting my dream!!! I love you! xoxoxo Then there's Paw-Paw, my dad. For some reason nothing quite tops having the support and encouragement from your daddy. I have always been my daddy's little girl - and knowing that you believe in me means more than anything!! So thank you Paw-Paw for everything you have done for me. And who could forget my Mi-Mi- my mom... Ooooohhhh Mi-Mi, where do I begin. You have been my biggest cheerleader and I am sooo grateful!! Thank you for my jewlery displays, thank you for taking care of me and my family while I was at The Revere Academy (and even taking a course with me), thank you for sending me inspirational jewelry pics, thank you for all your support, and the list goes on and on!!!!And then there's Michael David Sturlin- one of my mentors at the Revere Academy. I am so thankful to you for taking the time to encourage me on a regular basis. It is an unbelievable feeling knowing that such an amazing jeweler actually cares that much about someone like me! Thank you for the wisdom that I have gained through your teachings and for your motivational pep talks.
So now that I have been motivated and encouraged and am starting to believe in myself again... I am declaring that it is BUSINESS TIME. Enough with this blog- I gotta get some shut-eye so I can get to work first thing in the morning.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I've really enjoyed reading your posts. I'm glad you are back in the groove. Happy creating! Hurray for home offices!