Saturday, February 21, 2009

I do Crack

No no no- not the drug! My fingers crack! Can you see how nasty they are!!??


Jewelry can be very glamorous- but making jewelry is far from it! I always have charcoal on my face, cracks in my fingers, dirt on my hands-



But you know what?? - I love every minute of it!!



So repair class has not exactly been my favorite class- but I have learned a great deal! Below are the links to a Tennis Bracelet- I had to "prepare" the links, rivet the links together, and set the stones... The three links are about the size of my small fingernail.




This ring was the last project we worked on today. First we set the stone- and then when it was all nice and pretty, we had to file one of the prongs down so we could learn how to re-tip. The prong on the bottom left is the one I filed down. Since this picture, I have re-tipped the prong. (but forgot to take the final pic- you get the point though- right?)


Well now that I have shown you my dirty side- I am off to get some shut-eye!! I have one more day of repair class. Yay!!

One thing is for sure, I do not want to pursue a career in the jewelry repair industry!

But at least I am learning!

Night Night

2 comments:

cho said...

My little Crack head!
...I mean fingers!!!
I'm your CHO and closest Mother and even I am awestruck at what you are doing. No, I mean that with capital letters: AWESTRUCK!

Paw-Paw said...

Yo!!
Nice work for a person that does CRACK
I am like the CHO mighty impressed. Looks like you are becoming quite skilled in the art of jewelry making. Can't wait for my RING!!!!!
Paw-Paw