Monday, January 26, 2009

My Kitchenette

So I finally made it to my "apartment" in San Francisco- and I am attempting to make it my new home (at least for the next 2 months).

With that said... Here is a SNEAK peak of my new cRiB---- Meet my KITCHENETTE!!



These are all the groceries that I had to carry across town. I have definitely learned that I take many things for granted back home. For one, I never realized how amazing a car is. Don't get me wrong, I love walking in the city here----- BUT, when you buy 20 pounds (or more) of groceries it would be nice not to have to lug them across town!!

After organizing all my goods- I roasted some pecans, boiled some eggs, and created a wonderful salad.
Anywho, I am proud of myself for being a "big girl" in this big city all by my lonesome!!

4 comments:

Jen Verde said...

I'm so proud of you! Oh, I have a great salad recipe for you. I buy a large amount of arugula, spinach, or other green and a cooked chicken or chicken breast at the beginning of the week and use it for a salad for the entire week. I add some almonds, cranberries, and avocado to it too. For the dressing, I use 1/4 cup walnut oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, honey to taste, and a little salt and pepper.

The Southworth Family said...

I am soooooooooo proud of you for being a big girl!! That salad looks great!! Miss you-

cho said...

I love your crib! And your kitchenette is precious. Since I've "been there & done that", I truly appreciate the process of nesting, walking, shopping & cooking. I am just amazed that you can do all of this after LONG full days of class.
Strength & Joy,
mimi/cho

Arti said...

Alana! Your designs are gorgeous. I absolutely love your stuff! Thanks so much for your post on my blog...it was so nice to hear from you. I looked at some of your pics on facebook, and your little boy is just as cute as can be. Glad to see you doing well. Keep up the great work...I'll definitely be checking back. Take care!